Application Consultant (Life Science Lab Equipment)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan target market activities and develop key account strategy.
- Lead the planning and execution of sales plans.
- Manage sales pipeline in territories.
- Reviewing existing distribution channels.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive technologies and products.
- Ensure competitor comparisons and key messages.
- Ongoing management and motivation of these existing channels, including training and joint customer visits to key accounts.
- Identify uncovered areas of the market, and target via direct sales and/or appointment of new strategic distribution channels.
- Identify, plan and execute activities to enhance Esco brand name awareness in the segment in line with corporate guidelines but adapted to industry / local market situation as needed, including conducting end user seminars at key customer accounts.
- Strengths in conceptualizing and executing sales strategies, tactics, and techniques based on customer reception and analysis of market environment.
- Survey the market and estimate/determine Esco market share in all major product categories, competitor market share and strategies. Develop and implement strategy per product category to enable Esco to gain market share.
- Service development.
- Identify local contract service providers in the territory.
- Set up a service program to ensure these providers are trained and have access to Esco technical personnel and spare parts, in order to improve customer satisfaction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in life science lab equipment.
- Experience and documented results from previous sales and business development positions.
- Demonstrated experience of managing partners.
- Experience with executing of business plans.
- Strong sales skills and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative required.
- Good communication skills, written and spoken in English.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent negotiation and sales closing skills.